Being in love with Cadiz, my homeland, I started this project named CASARA, RESIDENCIA DE ARTISTAS with a lot of hope.
This project has a twofold objective: On the one hand, to introduce my land (Cadiz) to the artists so that they fall in love with Cadiz as I did. Its beaches, its pine forests, its landscapes, its vegetation, the birds and other wildlife/environmental beauty that surround us. On the other hand, I would like to offer the artists a place with relaxing and cozy environment, immersed in the light of the South, where they will be able to develop their art to their hearts greatest desire, ensconced in the beauty of Cadiz.
To achieve this, we offer the artist free lodging at CASARA from January through March, and we ask them to donate, at the end of their stay, a work of art to CASARA, which will become part of our collection.
We would like this work to be inspired by this area of Cadiz, to reflect the feelings and sensations arising from their stay here.
This will be in the form of a contest set out as follows;
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The contest is open to painters of all nationalities.
- Applications may be submitted from January 1st to August 31st, both inclusive.
- Applicants must submit a letter explaining their work and their motivations, along with a dossier of their work.
- The decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of the application will be communicated in September.
- The free stay at CASARA covers a period of 15 days to 1 month from January 10th to March 10th.
- The lodging, excluding meals, will be in CASARA SEIS or CASARA SIETE. We do allow an additional guest, but pets are not allowed.
- The work will be developed a priori in the same house or in the immediate/closest outdoor environment.
- The artist will have a bicycle to travel around the area.
- The artist will be willing to permit notification of their stay in CASARA through our social networks and include presentation to the local media.
- The artist will accept the possibility of presenting the work or works executed during their stay in an event hosted by CASARA.
- The willingness of the artist for communication, outreach, and public relations work mentioned in the previous two points will be highly appreciated.
- The artist and their companion, if any, must have valid medical insurance.
We offer (free of charge) the canvas required for the finished work @ Size/s 100x100cm or 100x81cm
CASARA is a complex of 7 cozy cottages built within a beautiful estate with private access to the beach of Zahora, which is 50 meters away. We have common garden areas with pergolas, picnic tables, a barbecue, an outdoor shower, a vegetable garden, and fruit trees.
CASARA SEIS and CASARA SIETE (approx. 36m2) are bright, practical, and functional one-story cottages with a large outdoor porch from whence they can enjoy our wonderful sunsets. The property has a living room with a kitchenette, a bedroom with a double bed of 135cm, and a bathroom with a shower.
I anticipate with great enthusiasm your proposals.